For Chicken Tikka Marination
- Chicken Tikka Cut : 6 pieces
- National Tikka Masala : 1/2 packet
- National Ginger & Garlic Paste : 1 teaspoon each
- Lemon Juice : 4 tablespoons
- Zarda / Orange Food Color : 1/4 teaspoon
- Yogurt : 2 tablespoons
- Oil : 4 tablespoons
- Charcoal for a smoky flavour : 1 inch piece (optional)
For Tawa Masala
- Yogurt (beaten) : 1 cup
- National Iodized Salt : 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds (crushed) : 1 tablespoon
- Black Pepper (crushed) : 2 tablespoons
- Onion (finely chopped) : 1 medium
- Fresh Coriander (chopped) : 4 tablespoons
- Green Chili (chopped) : 4 tablespoons
- Lemon Slices (round) : 12
- Oil for cooking : as required
For Preparing Chicken
With the help of a knife make insertions on chicken
Mix half cup National Vinegar, 4 cups of water and 4 tablespoons of National Iodized Salt to make a brine solution. Immerse the chicken in this brine solution for about 30 minutes.
In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients, mix well and pour over chicken; coating it well. Give koyle ka dum if not cooking on a BBQ. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Heat up a sauce pan / grill pan, add a little oil at a time and cook marinated chicken from both sides till light brown in color (half-done).
For Tawa Masala
In a mixing bowl whisk together yogurt, National Iodized Salt, mustard seeds, black pepper crushed, and half cup of Water.
Heat up a tawa. Add a little oil and place the half-done chicken. Spoon some yogurt mixture, enough to cover the chicken, and sprinkle generous amount of onions, fresh
coriander, green chili, and lemon slices on each chicken tikka piece.
Cook with the lid covered for 3-4 minutes on each side. The masala should be a little caramelized.
Enjoy hot with chapaties/roti.