- Palla Fish / (Rao) Fillet : 1.5- 2 kg
- National Ginger Paste : 1 tablespoon
- National Garlic Paste : 1 tablespoon
- Tamarind Pulp : 1/2 cup
- National Chili Powder : 1 teaspoon
- National Turmeric Powder : 1 teaspoon
- National Chapli Kabab Masala : 2 tablespoons
- Dried Pomegranate Seeds (crushed) : 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Seeds (crushed) : 1 teaspoon
- National Iodized Salt : to taste
- Oil for shallow frying
- Green Chili (finely chopped) : 2-3 pods
- Fresh Coriander (finely chopped) : 1 teaspoon
Cut the fish fillets in portions that can fit in the frying pan. Make cuts, not too deep, on both sides of fish with a sharp knife.
• In a bowl make a thick paste using National Ginger Paste, National Garlic Paste, tamarind pulp, all the dry spices, and National Chapli Kabab Masala.
• Thoroughly coat both sides of the fish fillets with the paste, making sure to rub some in the cuts. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, preferably for 2 hours.
• Heat the oil in deep frying pan and fry the fish fillets at medium heat by cooking the skin-side down first till its golden in color.
• Sprinkle green chili, fresh coriander and serve on a platter.