- Fish pieces : 1 kg
- Garlic Paste : 1 tablespoon
- Eggs : 2
- Gram Flour (Besan) : 2 cups
- National Black Pepper Powder : 1 teaspoon
- National Salt : As required
- Oil : For frying
- National Fish Masala : half packet (50 grams)
Coat the fish with National Fish Masala (reserve 1 tsp), salt and garlic paste mixed together.
Let the fish marinate for an hour.
In a bowl, beat together gram flour, the reserved National Fish Masala, black pepper powder and eggs to make a smooth, thick batter (add small amounts of water if required).
Dip the fish in batter and deep fry in hot oil.