- Mutton : 1 kg
- Onion (finely chopped) : 1 each
- National Ginger & Garlic Paste : 1 tablespoon each
- National Chili Powder : 1.5 teaspoons
- National Turmeric Powder : quarter teaspoon
- National Iodized Salt : to taste
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) : 4 tablespoons
- Tomato (whole) : 2 medium
- Yogurt (beaten) : 1.5 cup
- Crushed Chili : 1 teaspoon
- National Garam Masala : 1 teaspoon
- Butter : 4 tablespoons
- Black Pepper (crushed) : 1 tablespoon
- Fresh Coriander : 1 tablespoon
- Ginger (julienne) : 1 tablespoon
In a karahi put the mutton, onion, National Ginger Paste, National Garlic Paste, National Chili Powder, National Turmeric Powder, National Iodized salt, 1 cup water, ghee, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil with the lid covered.
With the help of two forks, peel the skin off the tomatoes once softened, and cook on a medium heat with the lid covered for 30-40 minutes or until the mutton gets tender. There should be very little or no liquid left by this time.
Add yogurt, crushed chili, and National Garam Masala and do bhunai till the oil separates.
To this, add butter, crushed black pepper, fresh coriander, and ginger. Cook for a further few minutes and serve hot!