- Cow’s hoof : 1
- Oil : 1 cup
- National Garam Masala Powder : 1 teaspoon
- Yogurt : half cup
- Ginger Garlic Paste : 3 teaspoon
- Ginger : 5 tablespoons, finely chopped
- Fried Onions : 1/2 cup
- Lemons : As required
- Fresh Mint Leaves : 1/2 cup
- Whole Garam Masala : 1 tablespoon
- Green Chilies : 2 tablespoons chopped
- National Paya Masala : 1 packet (50 grams)
In a large pot, mix whole garam masala, 3 tbsp chopped ginger, cow’s hoof, and water as required.
Simmer for 5 hours.
When the meat on the hoof is tender, drain off the stock and keep it aside (6 cups of stock should remain).
In a separate pot, heat the oil and fry the ginger garlic paste, yogurt and National Paya Masala until cooked through.
Add the hoof and onions, brown them well, then pour in the stock and simmer on low heat for half an hour.
Sprinkle gram masala powder and 2 tbsp chopped ginger on top, stir once and turn off the heat.
Garnish with mint leaves and chopped green chillies and serve with fresh lemon wedges and hot naan.