- Chicken (tikka-cut) : 6 pieces
- Vinegar : half cup
- Water : 1 cup
- Yogurt : 1 cup
- National Ginger & Garlic Paste : 1 tablespoon
- Raw Papaya Paste : 1 tablespoon
- National Chicken Tikka Masala : 1 packet
- National Chili Powder : 1/2 teaspoon
- White Pepper Powder : 1 teaspoon
- Long Pepper (Pippali) Powder : 1/2 teaspoon
- Star Anise Powder : 1/4 teaspoon
- Red food color : 1/4 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice : 4 tablespoons
- Ghee : 5 tablespoons
- Oil for basting : as required
Take the chicken and make a few insertions on each piece particularly at the joints.
Mix vinegar and water in a mixing bowl and add the chicken pieces. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
In a mixing bowl combine the remaining ingredients, except the oil, to make a paste.
Rinse the chicken, pat dry and immerse it in the paste prepared. Cover and marinate with the mixture by keeping in the refrigerator for 40 minutes.
Prepare the barbecue pit. Place the skewers on the grill & cook for 5 minutes on each side.
Make an insertion on the skin side by running the knife from the center joint to the other end.
Cook the chicken for another 5 minutes on each side or till it’s done. Start basting with oil towards the end to give it a nice color.
Serve with National Ketchup,Chili Garlic Sauce & Imli Chutney.